Monday, March 3, 2008

The Cup & the Bread

Since the ancient days of the early church, Christians have regularly gathered around the Lord’s table to remember the incredible sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross through our partaking of the cup and the bread.  These emblems serve as an awesome reminder of his body and blood which was broken and shed for us.  Where would we be without the forgiveness of sin?  At Washington Street we are reminded of that each Sunday as continue to gather around that table.  Beginning this Sunday and going through Easter we are going to be examining anew this ancient tradition and this wonderful feast… let me encourage you to use it as an opportunity to invite friends and family to be with us.  They will hear the good news and we will all be challenged anew by this incredible sacrifice!

 

No comments:

Welcome to Jim's blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog... I hope you'll find it helpful, perhaps insightful or at least a little humorous. I hope to do several things through this blog... share pictures, thoughts, and funny stories... but also to converse back and forth about what we are reading in God's Word together. In preparing for Sunday's message each week, I am interested in hearing from you... what do YOU think about Sunday's text? What are your questions? Suggestions? Just click on the COMMENTS section and let's talk. I'll do my best to give you a "heads up" on upcoming lessons and I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks in advance!